The perfect place to get fresh, organic, sustainable produce directly from local farms, local growers and local producers.
- Description: A large selection of stalls including Rangsit Farm, Bangkok Permaculture, To Be Earth Care and many many more. Not all their stalls are organic or eco-friendly so best to stroll around and talk to the vendors.
- When: Frequent. (Check their website for details.)
- Time: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm (Variable depending on location.)
- Where: Variable Location. Most often at Gateway Ekamai.
- Website: http://www.bkkfm.com/index.php/en/
- Description: Find local organic produce and products from a variety of vendors from all around Thailand.
- When: Monthly. Follow their events on Facebook.
- Time: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Where: Variable Location. Most often at K-Village, Sukhumvit 26.
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Thailand-Farmers-Market-678038268971300/
- Description: Held at Spring & Summer restaurant in Sukhumvit Soi 49, this is more of a foodies market than an organic market. You will find local organic produce and products from Raitong Organics Farm and whole foods from Radiance alongside artisanal sausages from Sloane’s and lots of other yummy goodies.
- When: Occasional. (Check their website for details.)
- Time: 8:00 am – 12:00 noon.
- Where: Formerly at Spring & Summer restaurant, Sukhumvit Soi 49. Now looking for a new location.
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Spring-Summer/257338947654213
- Review: You can will find a review of this market on our sister website Bangkok Greenie at http://bkkgreenie.com/spring-epicurean-market/
Bo.lan Farmers’ Markets “Eat Responsibly Day”
- Description: The original and first ever farmer’s market in Bangkok. Started in the true spirit of all things green by the owners of Bo.lan restaurant. It used to be a monthly affair but recently has taken a short break.
- When: Occasional (Check their website for details.)
- Time: 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Where: Bo.lan Restaurant, 42 Soi Pichai Ronnarong Songkram, Soi Sukhumvit 26, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok, 10110. Tel. +66 (2) 260-2962
- Website: http://www.bolan.co.th/
Just outside of Bangkok (perfect for a weekend day trip)
- Description: Local organic farmers come and sell their produce and delicacies at this weekly market. Regular tests are carried out every 2 weeks to ensure toxic chemicals are not used, and monthly workshops at the market pavilion related to organic farming and holistic health are provided to visitors. Visitors can also join the monthly seminar on organic farming and health related topics.
- When: Every Saturday and Sunday.
- Time: 10.00 am to 17.00 pm
- Where: Sampran Riverside, Nakhorn Pathom. The market has its own direct entrance.
- Website: http://www.sampranriverside.com/
Other local markets worth checking out:
- Noise Market Fest. They have a special Niche Niche market that focuses on organic life and food. https://www.facebook.com/noisemarketfest/
- The Knack Market. Takes place in the evenings at the gorgeous Jam Factory. More of a lifestyle market, but has local and vintage products for sale. https://www.facebook.com/TheKnackMarket/
- The Craft and Flea Market. Lots of vintage items. https://www.facebook.com/CraftandFleaBKK/